MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #660 - Sep 17th, 2006 at 1:50pm

http://www-ui.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/teddy/teddy.htm

lets you create 3d models from line drawings that you make within the java applet. you guys should all try this, its pretty fun. when you download it you can just open the .jar and java should open it.

video showing the features

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5053834549541822378&sourceid=docidfeed&h...

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #661 - Sep 17th, 2006 at 10:51pm

type in your name into the XXXX

XXXX.youaremighty.com

the ultimate pickmeup

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #662 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:27am

Ya know...that kinda DID pick me up... Shocked

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #663 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:33am

Great not only are people going to think that this is how all Christians are...they'll think all Christians worship President Bush' image.

Quote:
Film Shows Youths Training to Fight for Jesus
Adblock
New Documentary Features Controversial Bible Camp, Evangelical Movement
Kids Praying

The documentary "Jesus Camp" features evangelical kids at a Bible camp in North Dakota. (ABCNEWS.com)
Related Stories

By DAN HARRIS

Sept. 17, 2006 — An in-your-face documentary out this weekend is raising eyebrows, raising hackles and raising questions about evangelizing to young people.

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush — these are some of the activities at Pastor Becky Fischer's Bible camp in North Dakota, "Kids on Fire," subject of the provocative new documentary, "Jesus Camp."

"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth."

"A lot of people die for God," one camper said, "and they're not afraid."

"We're kinda being trained to be warriors," said another, "only in a funner way."

The film has caused a split among evangelicals. Some say it's designed to demonize. Others have embraced it, including Fischer, who's helping promote the film.

"I never felt at any point that I was exploited," Fischer said.

"I think there is a push right now in a lot of evangelical churches to definitely keep the teenagers and keep the children in the faith," said Heidi Ewing, co-director of "Jesus Camp." "And this is one version of that attempt."

A Growing Movement

This camp is, by many accounts, a small — and perhaps extreme — slice of what some say is a growing, intensifying evangelical youth movement.

Over the past decade and a half, enrollment at Christian colleges is up 70 percent. Sales of Christian music are up 300 percent. Tens of thousands of youth pastors have been trained.

Young people are targeted through Christian music festivals, skateboard competitions and rodeos.

"This is an enormous youth movement," said Lauren Sandler, a secular, liberal feminist from New York City who spent months among the believers researching her new book, "Righteous."

Sandler says the evangelical youth movement will have a negative impact on the country's future, because even the most moderate young evangelicals are inflexible on issues such as abortion and gay marriage.

"It's an absolute, straight-up us-against-them," Sandler said. "It's, you're either with us or you're against us. … Not only are you a sinner, but you are working for the enemy — the enemy being Satan."

Chap Clark, an associate professor at the Fuller Theological Seminary who's trained youth pastors for decades, said people who see "Jesus Camp" should not come away with the idea that evangelizing to youth consists mainly of political indoctrination.

Clark said youth pastors focus much more on providing meaning to kids who can't find it in a materialistic culture or in their family lives — "which is going to translate into much healthier adults who are more able to be into respectful dialogue and come alongside people who disagree with them.

"I think this is a very hopeful time because of the youth ministry movement," he added.

There's disagreement about whether this movement is good for the country and whether the movie is an accurate portrayal of the movement.

But there's growing agreement that these children will have a real impact. One child in "Jesus Camp" goes so far as to say, "We're a key generation to bringing Jesus back."

God help us

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #664 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:36am

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/

Here's a link to the trailer of the film

agentx216  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #665 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:37am

uhhh
yea....

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #666 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 8:26am

X wrote on Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:33am:
"It's an absolute, straight-up us-against-them," Sandler said. "It's, you're either with us or you're against us. … Not only are you a sinner, but you are working for the enemy — the enemy being Satan."

That doesn't sound like the Jesus I know.

-b0b
(...sighs.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #667 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 4:13pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1158548128320770.x...

If you want to comitt suicide in Oregon...just call the police.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #668 - Sep 19th, 2006 at 3:12pm

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/religion_jesus_camp_kids_worship_bush_pictur...

Many, many things to talk about this.

First, this video shows the kid worshiping the picture of Bush.  Next, weaping for salvation is not necessary; not to say that weaping because you are saved is wrong.  Also, speaking in tonuges is not longer real.  It stopped at the begining of the early chuch.  Read MacArthur's Carismatic Chaos for more info on the topic.

Yet, the "radical, feminist" was mad because these people would grow up to stand for something without budging.............is that wrong?  This is what is becoming wrong with America and the world.  This is the reflection of the post modernim movement that I've talked and talked about before.  You are wrong to believe in absolutes.  You are wrong if you won't budge on a subject.  Let's not even take into consideration the object of faith.  How about math or science problems.  If I went to school and got a question wrong I would sue and say "What's right for me may not be right for you...but you are judging me because you are using your biased system!"  And then I should pass all my classes and learn nothing.

This little video made me split in 2 different mad directions.  I hurt now.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #669 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 9:15am

Quote:

First-Grader Suspended Over Squirt Gun

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A mother is angry that her first-grader was suspended from school over a plastic toy gun.

"I asked her, 'You're going to suspend my son for 10 days for this? He cannot harm a soul with this,'" said Danielle Womack, whose son, Tawann Caskey, was suspended from Milton Moore Elementary School.

KMBC's Natalie Moultrie reported that Tawann was suspended over a 2-inch plastic squirt gun.

"She told me it's a weapon, a little girl saw it and reported to a teacher that he had a weapon," Womack said.

According to Kansas City, Mo., School District policy, the squirt gun is a simulated weapon and a class IV, which is the most serious school offense. Moultrie reported that principals have no discretion in cases like Tawaan's. It is an automatic 10-day suspension.

"We ask our principals for safety of students and staff, and we do follow the code of conduct and do not give exceptions to Class IV offenses. We take it very seriously," the school district's Phyllis Budesheim said.

Moultrie reported that the incident will stay on Tawann's school record. But Womack said her son does not understand why he's not in school.

"I think this could have been resolved in a different way. It's wrong to bring it school, but come on, he's 6 years old. This would not hurt a soul," Womack said.

The school district said it is all policy -- one that the school told students and parents about at the start of the year.

"We regret that this happened. My feeling is that by not giving any exceptions, this young man will not bring a toy gun to school again," Budesheim said.

The school district said that the incident should be a reminder to parents to check their children's backpacks before they go to school.

Moultrie reported that Womack is waiting to state her case before a school district hearing Wednesday morning.

Am I the only one picturing a smiling principal saying, "Sorry. We can't be held responsible for doing something stupid like this. We're just following policy."

"Policy" needs to change. Administrators need to have some freakin' discretion to
*gasp*
make choices! But no, that would actually force them to take responsibility for their actions, so we can't have that now, can we?

-b0b
(...sighs.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #670 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 11:37am

I'd like to take us back to a time.  A time in a new school for all of us.  It was a warm and sunny day, during track season.  The birds were chirping, the grass was green, and HATED RAGED IN THE HEART OF ONE YOUNG MAN!!  He went eagerly to his computer.  What he did next...was unheard of.  This sick and cruel individual thought it would be worth his time to take a picture of the new high school and superimpose fire in the background.  Then this terrorist had the gull to put "Welcome to Hell" on it!!!  This vile human being, if you could even call him that, attracted the attention of the FBI by posting it on the internet.  School officals, those who can do no wrong, some how found the page, probably by a miracle from God...oops wait He's not allowed in school.  Anyways, they got nervous calls in from soccer moms who were afraid that this dasdardly, vile creature would burn down the school and hurt their babies.  The friend of this individual was now the pricipal and we were all afraid he would go soft on this "kid"...a kid with a black heart!  And he did...instead of expelling this creaton...he only suspended him for 10 days and made him see a psychologist.  Today, if we had our gracious lord Bush acting in our best interest, this...this....non-human being would be in a secret torture camp under Patriot Act Section 802!  This..person, we all know...because he is a meness to the American way of life.  Yet if you were in a cave, on Mars, with your eyes closed, and your fingers in your ears....this child of Satan is.............................JASON SCOTT BRINEY!!!

X
(This has been a public service announcement from the Department of Homeland Security...Reminding you that if you question us...you're with the terrorists...and so will be housed with them in newly renevated FEMA detention camps!!!)

agentx216  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #671 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 6:01pm

good thing he was black bagged and replaced years ago...

patrick you nut.  Wink

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #672 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 7:14pm

did that actually happen?

Cait
   (...has stories of her own, troubled childhood)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
WWW caitmccabe  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #673 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 7:18pm

ya that was the most accurate retelling ive ever heard before.

IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #674 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 9:39pm

...wow.

way to go.

Cait

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
WWW caitmccabe  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 152
Send Topic Print