b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #540 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 12:54pm

Comparing the act of a single teacher with the countless acts of a slew of priests is retarded.  Besides, it's not as if the Saginaw school district tried to cover up their employee's acts.

-b0b
(...doesn't get the analogy.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #541 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 12:58pm

I know they're different.  Yet it's still people in power taking advantage of kids.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

Ironman
GeekCrew Luser

Reply #542 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 1:08pm

Yeah Pat, I agree, its just like the homosexual thing.. at first everyone jokes about it, and then it gradually becomes OK.  I think ever since sex became just a "fun thing to do", it opened the door for more and more perverse things.

IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #543 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 1:21pm

My point is simply that the analogy is flawed.  Comparing an epidemic that was actively covered up to a single teacher's actions that were actively prosecuted is baseless.

If there was a murder in some little podunk town, you wouldn't start comparing that town to Chicago, would you?  Of course not.

-b0b
(...shrugs.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #544 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 1:55pm

I would if the podunk town murder was the mayor and the Chicago mayor also murdered someone too.  And with Daley...we know his mob connections.

I know the analogy is flawed.  I even said it was.  This isn't a single teacher this is many many teachers in the news going out and having relations with their students.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #545 - Jul 7th, 2006 at 2:06pm

That may be true, but are their schools covering for them?  Are they being reassigned to different districts to minimize the harm done to the school system as a whole?

I think not.

-b0b
(...boom shaka-laka.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #546 - Jul 8th, 2006 at 10:53pm

ahh, the joys of school.

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
WWW caitmccabe  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #547 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 10:24am

Quote:
NYC building collapses after blast, fire

By ADAM GOLDMAN, Associated Press Writer 19 minutes ago

NEW YORK - A three-story building housing a doctor's office just off Madison Avenue collapsed and burned Monday after what witnesses said was a thunderous explosion that rocked the neighborhood.
ADVERTISEMENT

The cause was not immediately known, though White House press secretary Tony Snow said there was no indication of terrorism.

At least two people were under evaluation at a hospital after the collapse. It wasn't immediately clear if anyone was still trapped inside the building, on 62nd street between Madison and Park Avenues on Manhattan's East Side.

Heavy black smoke rose high above the building, wedged between taller structures on 62nd Street between Park and Madison Avenues just a few blocks from Central Park. Damage, including shattered windows, could be seen at one of the adjoining buildings.

Yaakov Kermaier, 36, a resident in a building next door, said he was outside when he heard "a deafening boom. I saw the whole building explode in front of me."

"Everybody started running, nobody knew what was coming next," he said. His nanny and newborn escaped from their next-door apartment unharmed.

Thad Milonas, 57, was operating a coffee cart across from the building when he said the ground shook and the building came down, said he helped two bleeding women from the scene.

Streets around the area were closed off to traffic as ambulances and rescue units raced to the area just before 9 a.m.

TV host Larry King, who had been in a hotel room nearby, described the explosion to CNN as sounding like a bomb and feeling like an earthquake.

"I've never heard a sound like that," King said.

Well obvious this was a result of terrorists.  They hijacked the plane, no wait they BUILT there own plane yeah then they flew it 3 inches off the ground.  The explosition you heard wasn't an explotion is was...ummm...an elephant suicide bomber!  Elephants will now be rounded up for questioning and placed in foreign jails for torturing.  We will make them watch Dumbo all day, have them listen to all the elephant jokes, and keep a bag a peanuts just out of reach.  Oh, and all elephants are now Muslim...this is a war against Muslims and their elephants!

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

Cait
GeekCrew Hax0r

Winter is Coming. Giggity.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #548 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 12:51pm

Cait
   (...terrorism is SO last year)

“To say I’m an overrated troll, when you have never even seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair.”
― Tina Fey, Bossypants
WWW caitmccabe  
IP Logged

texfrost
GeekCrew Hax0r

Two Laps

Reply #549 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 5:31pm

oooookkkkkkkkk....pat

texfrost texfrostxc texfrost  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #550 - Jul 11th, 2006 at 6:39pm

For those of you who have been following the Valerie Plame CIA outing...

Quote:
NOVAK BREAKS SILENCE

FLASH: Bob Novak will break his silence tomorrow night in two separate interviews with FOXNEWS CHANNEL, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. Novak will appear on Brit Hume (6pm/et) and Hannity & Colmes (9pm/et)...

BOB NOVAK, My Leak Case Testimony: 'I learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in 'Who's Who in America'... MORE Published reports that I took the Fifth Amendment, made a plea bargain with the prosecutors or was a prosecutorial target were all untrue... MORE... My primary source has not come forward to identify himself... Bill Harlow, the CIA public information officer who was my CIA source for the column confirming Mrs. Wilson's identity. I learned Valerie Plame's name from Joe Wilson's entry in 'Who's Who in America'... I answered questions using the names of Rove, Harlow and my primary source... I considered his wife's role in initiating Wilson's mission, later confirmed by the Senate Intelligence Committee, to be a previously undisclosed part of an important news story. I reported it on that basis.

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!  That's gonna leave a mark!

-b0b
(...watches the rats scurry from the sinking ship.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #551 - Jul 12th, 2006 at 4:58pm

Talk about "gamin' the system."  I thought the American welfare system was bad, but apparently, England's takes the cake...

-b0b
(...sighs.)

Quote:
Couple with 10 children plan 'sham divorce' to gain bigger council house
by COLIN FERNANDEZ, Daily Mail

A couple with 10 children who receive nearly £28,000 a year in benefits are set to divorce so they can get a second free house from the state.

Robert Bentley, 47, lives with his second wife Nichola, 27, in a three-bedroom semi-detached home in a smart suburb of Bristol, paid for by the taxpayer.

But as the council has so far refused to pay for a bigger house for his enormous family, he believes the only option is to undergo a sham divorce so that they will be re-housed.

Now the couple have complained that their three-bedroom housing association property in Bradley Stoke, Bristol, is too small. They have begged South Gloucestershire Council for a larger house - and are to split up to get re-housed.

Mr Bentley, who hasn't worked since 2003, said: 'I don't think it's too much to ask. This house is just too small for all of us and the children are always arguing. 'I've got depression and it's too much to cope with. Myself and Nichola are now getting a divorce because we can't manage. 'I've been told the only way to get moved to the top of the list is if I declare myself homeless.'

Mr Bentley, a widower, has eight children from his first marriage - Sarah, 23, Jodie and Rebecca, 19, Nicholas, 17, Ross, 15, David, 12, Cassandra, 10, and Maddison, five. He married his new wife Nichola, 29 , in November 2005 and moved into her home with his five youngest children and her two daughters, Charlotte, six, and Katie, three.

She then had twins - Jessika and Chloe, now eight weeks old - and his daughter Rebecca has recently had a baby girl, Tamsin.

Their home in Bradley Stoke has two estate cars in the drive.

In their living room they have a wide screen TV, dvd player and video, freeview box and a £280 X-box game console. The couple's wedding in 2005 was partly funded by a £600 loan from the Benefit Agency.

Mr Bentley said: ''We all moved in and at first it was ok. Myself and Nichola had a bedroom, the two lads shared a bedroom and the five girls shared a room. 'But then it got worse and worse. The lads rowed - one of the doors is still off the hinges from when they were fighting each other. 'It just became unbearable. I couldn't cope because of my depression. 'Then Nichola had twins and my daughter Rebecca had a baby girl so the house got even busier.' After deciding to divorce unemployed Nichola, he contacted London-based Warden Housing Association - which runs properties in the area - for a new home. But he has been told by them that the council decides who gets the houses - and he is not top of the list. 'It's just terrible,' he said. 'I'm sleeping on the sofa, the kid's are cramped. I just want a new house so I can get on with life and maybe get a job. 'The council have offered me and the kids accommodation in a bed and breakfast but my psychiatrist thinks I might harm myself if I live there. 'And I've been told I'll only get a house if I declare myself homeless.' So Mr Bentley said he was hoping to move out along with his five children into a nearby house, while his wife remained where she was with the twins and her daughters.

'We'd be living on two sites, but I can't see another option.'

Yesterday (Thurs) a spokeswoman for South Gloucestershire Council - in charge of the Bradley Stoke area - said: 'Mr Bentley is on the housing register. 'However, there is a shortage of five-bed properties in the district and we have advised him that it may be some time before his request is met. 'We have been working with him on other suggested options including presenting himself and his children as homeless and renting privately.''

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

texfrost
GeekCrew Hax0r

Two Laps

Reply #552 - Jul 13th, 2006 at 1:11pm

28000 pounds a year?  wide screen tv? xbox?  lame.....

texfrost texfrostxc texfrost  
IP Logged

Marie
GeekCrew Hax0r

Centreville, Michigan
Reply #553 - Jul 14th, 2006 at 6:00pm

911 call for 'cute' deputy gets woman arrested

ALOHA, Oregon (AP) -- A woman who called 911 to get "the cutest cop I've seen" sent back to her home got a date all right -- a court date.

The same sheriff's deputy arrested her on charges of misuse of the emergency dispatch system.

Washington County Sheriff's Sgt. David Thompson told KGW-TV of Portland it all started with a noise complaint called in last month by neighbors of Lorna Jeanne Dudash. The deputy sent to check on the complaint knocked on her door then left.

Thompson said Dudash then called 911, asking that the "cutie pie" deputy return. (Watch to hear parts of the call and see how Dudash explained her actions -- :52)

"He's the cutest cop I've seen in a long time. I just want to know his name," Dudash told the dispatcher. "Heck, it doesn't come very often a good man comes to your doorstep."

After listening to some more, followed by a bit of silence, the dispatcher asked again why Dudash needed the deputy to return.

"Honey, I'm just going to be honest with you, OK? I just thought he was cute. I'm 45 years old, and I'd just like to meet him again, but I don't know how to go about doing that without calling 911," she said.

"I know this is absolutely not in any way, shape or form an emergency, but if you would give the officer my phone number and ask him to come back, would you mind?"

The deputy returned, verified that there was no emergency and arrested her for misusing the 911 system, an offense punishable by a fine of up to several thousand dollars and a year in jail.

Thompson said Thursday it was the first case he knew of in which someone called the emergency line for such a personal reason.

"That's taking up valuable time from dispatchers who could be taking true emergency calls," he said.

WWW Marie mariedysangco mariedysangco  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #554 - Jul 16th, 2006 at 1:32am

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article1180235.ece

Great I bet pirates take the "blame" for this and not the suckiness of movies today.

BTW is suckiness spelled as such or do you keep the y?

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 152
Send Topic Print