Random Stupidity (Read 436666 times)
The_Fat_Man
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Grand High Overlard

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #2130 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:54am

No, he won't do Ghostbusters 3 because it will be absolutely terrible.

sendasteel2000 fatmanlan  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2131 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 12:38pm

Google Maps now comes in an 8-bit version:

http://maps.google.com/?t=8&utm_campaign=8bit&utm_source=yt

Here's a promotional video for the upcoming NES release:

-b0b
(...will definitely be using this!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2132 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:52pm

Quote:
North Korea Missile Launch Alert

North Korea begins fueling multi-stage rocket — thought to be a disguised ballistic missile — leading observers to believe a launch is imminent, and that third nuclear test will follow.

More here:  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/11/north-korea-fuels-rocket-as-south-goes-t...

I'm thinking this is a result of Kim Jong-Nam's desire to prove himself to his country and the world.  Nothing gets attention like lighting off a rocket on the day of South Korea's national elections.

Here are some nifty pictures of the rocket, launch pad, and control center:

-b0b
(...wonders if Japan will have to deal with this one, too.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2133 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 11:33am

Quote:
Rick Snyder signs repeal of Michigan's helmet law

Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation that will give many Michigan motorcyclists the option of riding without a helmet.

The Republican governor announced Friday that he signed the bill a day earlier, ending a multi-year effort to change state law. Lawmakers had passed repeals of the mandatory motorcycle helmet law before, but the measures were vetoed twice by then-Gov. Jennifer Granholm.

The new measure will allow riders 21 or older to go without helmets if they carry extra insurance and meet training or experience criteria.

Riding a motorcycle without a helmet seems like an incredibly bad idea, but I fully support giving people the freedom to be retarded.

-b0b
(...screw Granholm!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2134 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:08am

Quote:
Dmirti Krioukov was issued a traffic ticket for failing to completely stop at a stop sign. Instead of paying the ticket or going to traffic school, the physicist fought the citation by writing a four-page paper explaining how the ticket he was given defies physics. Using his knowledge of angular and linear motion, Krioukov prepared a paper for the judge in his case and was able to argue – and prove – his innocence.

More here:  http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/UCSD-Physicist-400-Traffic-Ticket-14745081...

I'd love to read that paper.  It's nice to see academia stick it to the man once in awhile.

-b0b
(...should have been a physicist.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2135 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 3:51pm

Dick Clark is dead, according to Fox News.

-b0b
(...God speed, Mr. Clark.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2136 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 12:00pm

Quote:
Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”

The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”

Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association. But it turned into an episode of Christian-bashing.

More here:  http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/anti-bullying-speaker-curses-mo...

This article just drips with irony.  As with most liberals, Mr. Savage only appears to adhere to his principles when they're convenient for him.

-b0b
(...thinks the Democrats should run this guy as Biden's replacement.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2137 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 1:01pm

I generally don't pay much heed to press releases, but this is just dead sexy...

Quote:
DEARBORN — The all-new supercharged 5.8-liter powerplant in the 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 has been officially SAE-certified as the most powerful series production V8 in the world with peak output of 662 horsepower and 631 lb.-ft. of torque. That’s more power and torque than low volume sports cars costing tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars more than the GT500, which is the most fuel-efficient vehicle in its segment. In fact the 2013 GT500 is the most fuel-efficient car with over 550 horsepower in any segment available in America.

More here:  http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/At%20662%20HP%202013%20Ford%20Shelby%20GT50...

I have to give mad props to any company that uses the highly technical phrase "go pedal" in their official press releases. 

I'm also please to see that Ford is concerned about the aerodynamic efficiency of their car at 160mph.  That's obviously a big concern for people that... you know... drive 160mph.

-b0b
(...also enjoyed the dig on Chevy at the tail end.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2138 - May 1st, 2012 at 6:37am

Until a car comes with BLAST PROCESSING!!!...I won't care all that much.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2139 - May 1st, 2012 at 10:44am

It's amazing how benign the Sega Genesis ad campaign was compared to what we hear today.  Emotion chip?  Cell processor dominance?  Psssh!  Blast Processing has nothing on Sony's marketing shenanigans.

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Michgan
Reply #2140 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:45pm

What's wrong with this picture?

Stick N1ck The St1ck  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #2141 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:47pm

Yeah, the more I hear about the trinity V8 in the new GT500 the more I really want one.  (Do you know how much money I would save if I didn't pay rent or buy food?!)

I have also heard a few rumors about the 2015 50th anniversary mustang.  I really hope chevy brings a lot more than the ZL-1 for 2015. Smiley

Edit:  That's easy.  007 wears a rolex not an omega...

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2142 - May 1st, 2012 at 2:15pm

Quote:

Well the casing is still on for one.  Also, it appears that the bullet is not spinning which our forefathers would have killed for rifling during any war leading up to WWI.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2143 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:37pm

X wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 2:15pm:
Quote:

Well the casing is still on for one.  Also, it appears that the bullet is not spinning which our forefathers would have killed for rifling during any war leading up to WWI.

X

I see two problems with this picture:

1)  As Stewie said, the entire cartridge is shown in flight.  This only works if you use a slingshot to propel the cartridge.
2)  They're using 9mm.

On a side note, rifling has been with us in one form or another for about 600 years.  It didn't become popular, however, until the Civil War when the Minie Ball was introduced.

-b0b
(...yay guns!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2144 - May 5th, 2012 at 1:22pm

Although Jay Leno is a giant bag of douche, I have to admit that he's got a beautiful car collection.  The following video showcases his 3D scanning and printing setup that he uses to manufacture car parts that are simply no longer available.  It's been awhile since I caught up on 3D printing and it's come an incredibly long way over the past few years.

The part I find particularly fascinating is the ability to make a complex piece with moving parts in a single pass, fully assembled.  I'd love to see a demonstration of this technology in person, because it sounds too cool to be true!

-b0b
(...needs one of these!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 ... 152
Send Topic Print