GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #2025 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 8:44am

Quote:
If you’re a Stone Cold Steve Austin fan who’s registered to vote in Connecticut, we’ve got great news! A federal judge has ruled that it’s OK for you to dress up like your hero when you go to the polls to cast your ballot next Tuesday.

No, we’re not making this up. On Wednesday US District Judge Janet Bond Arterton ruled that Nutmeg State election officials must allow voters to wear World Wrestling Entertainment-themed clothing to the polls.

Such garb cannot be considered political advertising for former WWE CEO and current Connecticut GOP Senate candidate Linda McMahon, said Judge Arterton.

So in this instance at least it appears that the US judiciary fully supports a constitutional right to bare arms.

More Here

Well, I'm glad we've got that one taken care of!  I was worried I wouldn't be allowed to wear my Hulk Hogan costume on Tuesday!

-b0b
(...BTW, don't forget to vote on 11/2!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2026 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 5:13pm

Can I still wear my Lincoln Memorial shirt? Or is that promoting a Republican candidate?

How about an American flag shirt?  I'm voting American...nope!  I know, it may be narrow minded and yes, I'm telling everyone in line who can't figure out how to vote even though you've done it about 30X more than me, to vote for the Americans.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2027 - Oct 31st, 2010 at 12:37pm

Best weight loss plan ever:

https://www.getslimtsnow.com/flare/next?rtag=tryslimts&;

-b0b
(...bought two!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2028 - Oct 31st, 2010 at 3:48pm

Just like how cleaning a room is "solved' by sweeping the dirt under the floor.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2029 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 1:17am

Quote:
Law curbs McDonald's Happy Meal toys
           Buzz up!72 votes ShareretweetEmailPrintBy Lisa Baertlein Lisa Baertlein – Wed Nov 3, 2:38 pm ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – San Francisco has become the first major U.S. city to pass a law that cracks down on the popular practice of giving away free toys with unhealthy restaurant meals for children.

San Francisco's Board of Supervisors passed the law on Tuesday on a veto-proof 8-to-3 vote. It takes effect on December 1.

The law, like an ordinance passed earlier this year in nearby Santa Clara County, would require that restaurant kids' meals meet certain nutritional standards before they could be sold with toys.

Opponents of the law include the National Restaurant Association and McDonald's Corp, which used its now wildly popular Happy Meal to pioneer the use of free toys to market directly to children.

"We are extremely disappointed with today's decision. It's not what our customers want, nor is it something they asked for," McDonald's spokeswoman Danya Proud said in a statement.

"Getting a toy with a kid's meal is just one part of a fun, family experience at McDonald's," Proud said.

The San Francisco law would allow toys to be given away with kids' meals that have less than 600 calories, contain fruits and vegetables, and include beverages without excessive fat or sugar.

Backers of the ordinance say it aims to promote healthy eating habits while combating childhood obesity.

"Our children are sick. Rates of obesity in San Francisco are disturbingly high, especially among children of color," said San Francisco Supervisor Eric Mar, who sponsored the measure.

"This is a challenge to the restaurant industry to think about children's health first and join the wide range of local restaurants that have already made this commitment," Mar said.

HAPPY MEALS IN THE HOT SEAT

Fifteen percent of American children are overweight or obese -- which puts them at risk of developing heart disease, diabetes and cancer, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In some states, the childhood obesity rate is over 30 percent.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest this summer threatened to sue McDonald's if it did not stop using Happy Meal toys to lure children into its restaurants. A lawyer for that group said it is on track to file the lawsuit in the next several weeks.

McDonald's debuted the Happy Meal in the United States in 1979 with toys like the "McDoodler" stencil and the "McWrist" wallet. Modern offerings have included themed items from popular films like "Shrek" or sought-after toys like Transformers, Legos or miniature Ty Beanie Babies.

In 2006, the latest year for which data is available, fast-food companies led by McDonald's spent more than $520 million on advertising and toys to promote meals for children, according to a U.S. Federal Trade Commission report.

When the efforts of other food and beverage companies were included, promotional spending aimed at children topped $1.6 billion.

(Reporting by Lisa Baertlein; Editing by Richard Chang)

Phew...thank you California.  I was unable to make small decisions for my children...but you've come around and made them for me.  You're like my Big Brother!!!

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2030 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 6:14pm

Quote:
100 copies of new Call of Duty stolen in armed heist of GameStop
By Ben Kuchera | Last updated 34 minutes ago

It may sound funny at first: a big-name military game being stolen by armed thugs, but it was a scary reality for those who were held at gunpoint during the robbery of a Baltimore Gamestop. Thieves stole 100 copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops, along with the store's cash. It was the second such robbery of a game store in the area in three weeks.

Two customers interrupted the robbery and were held in the storage area at gunpoint.

During major launches it's not rare for game stores to pay for extra security or to have a police presence to help with crowd management. The problem is that big-name games often arrive at the store days, sometimes up to a week, before their official release date. These stores are often staffed by a single clerk, with minimal security. Releases as popular as Black Ops also arrive by the case—sometimes hundreds at a time—and with the games selling for $60 apiece or more if people are willing to pay for a game before launch, that's an item that's easy to sell, in high demand, and nearly as good as cash.

If you work in a game store, make sure you're aware of what to do in case of a robbery, and make sure your security cameras are always working properly. If you're just an individual with a large amount of games and systems, make sure they're covered by your insurance, with proper documentation. The theft of games is common, and attractive option for those looking to make a quick buck. Stay safe.

You would think something like an unreleased video game would be fairly hard to sell in any quantity, but thieves aren't exactly known for being intelligent.

-b0b
(...a felony for Black Ops?  Dumb!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2031 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:18pm

This piracy:
- 1st offense = probation for whole thing
- not first time in trouble with law = less than a year in jail and at most felony burglary which means 1-5 years in prison.

Digital piracy:
- 1st offense = $250,000 AND at least 5 years in federal prison

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2032 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 6:27am

Pure Win:  Captain Picard with a lightsaber.

-b0b
(...so much cooler than Captain Kirk.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2033 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 6:36am

Best news interview ever!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=871_1174065101

-b0b
(...straight-up combo breaker crazy!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2034 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:12pm

Quote:
No More 'F' Grades at D.C. High School

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/offbeat/no-more-f-grades-at––high-school-20...

According to a Yahoo! Shine article by Mira Jacob, a high school in Washington D.C. is doing away with giving out "F" grades.

Instead of getting an "F", failing students will receive an "I" for incomplete and have a chance to re-do the work.

The purpose for making the change is to eliminate the stigma associated with failure.

My brain asplode!

-b0b
(...cleanup on aisle 5.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2035 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 1:36pm

Hey Stewie!  I though you might like this, although you've probably heard about it already.  After 10 years, NASA has moved the X-34 space plane out of storage and is prepping it for additional work.  It looks like we might have a reliable space plane (above and beyond the X-37B) yet!

Quote:
On November 16, 2010, both X-34s were moved with their vertical tails removed from Dryden to a hangar owned by the National Test Pilot school in Mojave, California. They are to be inspected, and NASA is investigating the possibility of restoring them to flight status.

-b0b
(...w00t!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #2036 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 9:41pm

That is awesome and can I say...FINALLY!  Talk about waiting for the 11th hour.  I think there are only like 3 shuttle launches left.  This NEEDS to happen!  We can't use the Soyuz launches that's 40 year old technology.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #2037 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 1:29pm

I felt a great disturbance in the Farce, as if millions of vuvuzelas cried out and were suddenly silenced!

The metrodome in Minneapolis collapsed due to the weight of the snow. Apparently, this is the fourth time the thing has collapsed.  You'd think a place that gets snow on a regular basis would build a stadium that could withstand a bit of snow.

-b0b
(...DURRRRR FUTBAL!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #2038 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 2:25pm

better quality

and yea thats fantastic!

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #2039 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 12:35pm

Why plan for snow with all this global warming going around?

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 152
Send Topic Print