Random Stupidity (Read 436652 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1980 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 4:01pm

Sounds like that kid needs his own reality TV show...on Mars!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1981 - May 4th, 2010 at 6:23am

Quote:
Boy banned from eating cheese sandwich

A two year old boy was banned from eating cheese sandwiches at a council-run nursery unless his parents added a lettuce leaf.

Jack Ormisher had his packed lunch taken away by staff who said it violated their healthy eating policy.

When Jack's father went to pick him up from the Westfield Children's Centre, in Pemberton, near Wigan, he was told to include lettuce or tomato in future so the sandwich could be classed as a ''snack'' rather than ''lunch.''

The rebuke came after the nursery drew up a list of ''healthy eating options'' for youngsters which include various fruit and vegetables plus rice pasta and potatoes.

Jack's mother Dorothy Gallear, 32, who has withdrawn her son from the nursery, said: ''I think it is absolutely pathetic and these people are playing Big Brother with people's lives.

''When I told people at his new nursery what had happened all over a cheese sandwich some laughed with shock and others were horrified.

"I wouldn't mind but Jack isn't a particularly fussy eater. He loves his casseroles and the attitude of the nursery was ridiculous. They were really really ignorant when I spoke to them.

"They were looking down their noses at me. Jack is settling in really well at his new nursery. he loves it. There is less children and it's a lot bigger. Maybe they have doing us a favour putting him in there.

"We had to up-root him and then settle him over a cheese sandwich. The nursery have said that we agreed to take him out of the nursery but we didn't have a choice.''

A spokesman for Wigan Council said: ''The centre has a list of recommended healthy food, according to national guidelines, which children are encouraged to eat. A cheese sandwich would not feature on the list.''

Westfield Children's Centre Manager Aukje Clegg said: ''We can categorically state that no child has been asked to leave the children's centre. The decision to remove the child from the centre was taken by the parents and not the school.

''We have informed the parents that a place is still available for their child at Westfield should they reconsider.''

I think Britain is way, waaaay overdue for a healthy revolution.

-b0b
(...srsly.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1982 - May 4th, 2010 at 1:26pm

Yep, start a revolution in britain because of a food law that was passed.  Don't try to change it or anything.

And if this two year old was around 200 lbs...yes it is time to drop the cheese.

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1983 - May 4th, 2010 at 2:42pm

I'm not sure about you, but I think "revolution" is pretty well defined by "try[ing] to change" something.

Should you start a revolution over some retarded rule that affects Junior's eating habits?  No.  Should you consider raising a fuss over an epidemic of stupid laws that erode civil liberties and restrict the personal freedoms of the citizenry?  Hell yes.

-b0b
(...full stop.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1984 - May 5th, 2010 at 12:19pm

Quote:
http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20100505/NEWS01/5050323/1079/news01/Police-...

Police said a Swisher man punched an elderly man in the face for driving too slow last month.
According to a Johnson County Sheriff's Office criminal complaint, the victim, a 70-year-old man, and his wife were southbound on Greencastle Road in Swisher at 12:48 a.m. March 27 when a vehicle driven by Brandon J. Poulson, 22, cruised up behind the victim's car. Police said Poulson yelled and cussed at the victim for "driving like an old man."
Police said the victim pulled over to let Poulson pass, but when he did, Poulson pulled up along side of him and got out of his truck. The victim got out of his car and was immediately hit in the head and face several times by Poulson, police said.

Police said the 70-year-old man suffered a large cut on the top of his head, a cut above his eye and swelling and bruising on both eyes and ears. The cut on his head required numerous staples and the cut above his eye required stitches, police said.

Police said Poulson admitted to hitting the man in the face several times because he was upset with the way he was driving. He has been charged with willful injury causing bodily injury, a class D felony, and remains in the Johnson County Jail on a $10,000 cash-only bond.

Records also show that Poulson was cited for assault in 2007 for throwing a dead cat through a McDonald's drive-through window in Cedar Rapids in late 2006.

Best criminal record EVER.

-b0b
(...can only imagine the job interviews.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1985 - May 5th, 2010 at 1:02pm

Happy (belated) Star Wars Day!

May the 4th be with you!

-b0b
(.../nerd!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1986 - May 9th, 2010 at 5:22pm

Quote:
Vandals mar new pedestrian bridge in Detroit
$5M pedestrian link in Mexicantown open for less than one day

Less than a day after it opened, the Mexicantown Bagley Avenue Pedestrian Bridge was vandalized, Michigan Department of Transportation officials said.

Numerous individuals have "tagged" the $5 million bridge with spray paint and used knives to carve into a wooden bench in the middle of the span. Others signed their names with pens and magic markers on the bench, officials said.

In fact, an MDOT employee's video camera caught one woman as she used a colored pen to scrawl on a bench in the middle of the 400-foot-long bridge.

"Yes, it was me," said Oneita Jackson, a copy editor at the Detroit Free Press and author of Sunday's "O Street" blog.

"I did it. If you see a person with a green pen ... dressed in black slacks and a red top, that's me. I was excited about the event and wanted to put my name on it."

Jackson eventually put away the marker and said "Oh, I guess I shouldn't be doing this," the tape showed. As a blogger, she has written about her efforts as a mom to raise her 16-year-old son and encourage citizens to be more patient and civil.

The Rev. Tom Sepulveda, pastor of southwest Detroit's historic St. Anne de Detroit Church, spoke about community pride at the ceremony Wednesday, which also marked the 200th anniversary of Mexican Independence.

Sepulveda said he was disappointed to hear of the vandalism to the span that reconnects the east and west sides of Mexicantown for the first time since Interstates 75 and 96 were constructed in 1968 when residents could drive Bagley, Lafayette and Porter straight across.

"The bridge is of the people and to do something like that is certainly a sign of disrespect toward the people," Sepulveda said.

"Residents of this area have waited for 42 years for this reconnection. They've been through hard, hard times and something like this just shows so much thoughtlessness."

Striking in its design, the single-stayed cable bridge, with its angled 150-foot-tall pylon and 15-high-tension cables, is part of the $230-million Gateway Project that provides direct access to the Ambassador Bridge for truck traffic on the freeways.

A bridge engineer also caught three young women in the act of vandalism early Thursday afternoon, said MDOT chief engineer Victor Judnic.

"They were carving up the wooden bench," Judnic said.

"The bridge is made of high density wood which discourages carving, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Others used magic markers on the concrete."

The three ran as the MDOT engineer approached them, he said.

Judnic said MDOT had no intention to take legal action against the vandals.

"We don't do that," Judnic said.

"We'll try and clean off as much of the graffiti as we can, but there's nothing we can do about the carvings. We're close to entering into a maintenance agreement with business leaders in Mexicantown who will assume responsibility for the bridge, including plowing, salting, cutting grass and cleaning off graffiti."

Judnic said most of the bridge and plaza has been coated with an anti-graffiti solution.

"But you can't cover every area and a protective coating won't stop someone who wants to do some carving," he said.

It's nice to see that Detroit is staying classy, even after all these years.

-b0b
(...is surprised the bridge was even opened before being defaced.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1987 - May 20th, 2010 at 12:11pm

Now I see why pat made a facebook page.  He wanted to see all the mohammed pictures!

To bad Pakistan had to be a buzz kill.

Why can't muslims be more like christians.  Sure making and worshiping pictures and statues is forbidden...but who gives a shit we KNOW we are superior to everyone and everything!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #1988 - May 20th, 2010 at 7:36pm

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/paleokostas.html

semi-long but great read. Could be a movie.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1989 - May 21st, 2010 at 9:43am

That guy is pretty awesome, and the writing was excellent.  It reminds me of a mix of Maddox and Real Ultimate Power.

Here's another badass that I've been reading about lately, and he's an American, too!

http://www.historynet.com/peter-francisco-american-revolutionary-war-hero.htm

-b0b
(...thinks those two should get together.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1990 - May 21st, 2010 at 1:25pm

Best website design EVER:

http://yvettesbridalformal.com/index.htm

-b0b
(...had no less than two seizures.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1991 - May 22nd, 2010 at 1:07pm

Woah...that website just transported me back to 1995!  An AOL disk popped out of my CD-tray and I'm almost done with my 30 hours of 56k goodness!

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1992 - May 22nd, 2010 at 1:55pm

In 1995, 56k was just a distant dream.  I bought a brand-spankin' new, bleeding-edge 28.8kbps modem in late 1995!

-b0b
(...then 36.6, THEN 56k!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1993 - May 24th, 2010 at 6:00pm

I was thinking of Acid Burn's "boss!" laptop in Hackers!

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1994 - May 28th, 2010 at 7:56pm

X wrote on May 24th, 2010 at 6:00pm:
I was thinking of Acid Burn's "boss!" laptop in Hackers!

Ahh, yes.  The one with a "P6 chip" with "RISC architecture."  Too bad the P6 was a CISC-based chip.

-b0b
(...but it had 64MB of RAM!  And a PCI bus!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 152
Send Topic Print