GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1740 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:14pm

Quote:
Circuit Court Judge Ronald Giles sent Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick to Wayne County Jail for failing to notify the court of his trip to Canada and violating the terms of his bond.
Despite Kilpatrick's humble apologies to the court beforehand, Giles said he needed to treat Kilpatrick as an ordinary citizen and sent him to immediately to jail.

Giles revoked Kilpatrick's bond and suspended all travel.

Well, at least now he'll get to meet his constituents face-to-face.

-b0b
(...stone cold mayorin' all up in this biotch.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1741 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:21pm

BURN!
   Smiley

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1742 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 8:20am

A criminal...being treated like a criminal??

What has our justice system come to?

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1743 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 9:39am

Quote:
Bruce Ivins, scientist set for prosecution in US anthrax attacks, commits suicide

Bruce Ivins, a government scientist whom federal agents were preparing to prosecute in connection with the anthrax attacks that killed five in 2001, apparently committed suicide on Tuesday after learning authorities had identified him.

The death in Maryland of Ivins, who helped the FBI analyze anthrax samples used in the attacks, may bring to a close a long-running mystery in the US "war on terror". Following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the anthrax assaults crippled the US mail system and sowed fears the US was under attack from al-Qaida terrorists who had acquired biological weapons.

Ivins, whose name had not surfaced publicly in connection to the attacks, was a long-serving civilian bio-defense researcher at a top military research laboratory at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

According to the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the death, Ivins had recently been informed of his impending prosecution. He died Tuesday in a Maryland hospital after ingesting a large dose of prescription Tylenol with codeine, a friend told the Los Angeles Times.

The FBI declined to comment on the matter.

"We are not at this time making any official statements or comments regarding this situation," Debbie Weierman, a spokeswoman for the FBI's Washington field office, which is investigating the anthrax attacks, said today. "When we are able to give out any pertinent information we will certainly let the public and the media know."

In autumn 2001, as the US recovered from the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington, letters filled with white, powdery anthrax were sent to politicians and media figures.

Targets included prominent Democratic senators Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Tom Daschle of South Dakota, then leader of Senate Democrats. NBC News, the New York Post and magazine publisher American Media also received letters containing the deadly bacterium.

Two US postal workers, a woman from the Bronx in New York, an American Media editor and a Connecticut woman eventually died, and at least 17 others fell ill. Americans rushed to purchase Cipro, an antibiotic that fights the germ.

Investigators soon began to suspect the anthrax samples were made in the same laboratory in Maryland. Suspicion fell on Steve Hatfill, a former Army bio-defense researcher whom the FBI named a "person of interest" in the case. He was eventually cleared, and the US justice department in June announced it would pay him $4.6m to settle a lawsuit he filed against the government. Hatfill also worked at Fort Detrick.

The FBI began scrutinizing Ivins after he failed to report anthrax contaminations at the lab, the Los Angeles Times reported. Ivins told investigators he believed the contaminations were caused by a sloppy lab technician.

Ivins' attorney said Ivins had been cooperating with investigators for more than a year, and said the scientist was innocent. "We are saddened by his death, and disappointed that we will not have the opportunity to defend his good name and reputation in a court of law,'' Paul Kemp told the Associated Press.

I meant to post this last week and never got around to it.  It's interesting to see that we finally found the guy responsible for this!

-b0b
(...weird.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1744 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 1:50pm

You mean it's interesting that the govt waited until he was set to go on trial to "suicide" him?  Ya I completely agree.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1745 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 10:12am

Quote:
ALISON CARROLL NEW LARA CROFT MODEL
August 11th 2008

Alison Carroll has been unveiled as the brand new face of Lara Croft. The 23-year-old is a BGA accredited Club Coach in Tumbling, Sports Acrobatics, and General Gymnastics. She has a long association with the Bromley Valley Gymnastics Club, and the Shirley Gymnastics Club, bringing home first place trophies in regional and national competitions.

Alison continued to participate as a performing gymnast in annual gymnastic display events at Edinburgh Festival, Inverness Festival, Liverpool British Championships, Cardiff Festival, London Festival, Birmingham Ministrada and Portugal World Ministrada (representing Great Britain).

She replaces former London model Karima Adebibe, and joins an exclusive list of women who have donned hotpants and pistols to promote Lara Croft. Those include Lucy Clarkson, Jill de Jong, Lara Weller, Nell McAndrew, Rhona Mitra, Ellen Rocche and Vanessa Demouy.

You can find the video here and some vaguely-NSFW pictures here.

-b0b
(...verah niiiice.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1746 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:50pm

Why is she talking...she needs to just say, "I like being Lara Croft because I'm fricken hot and I add that to the game play so 14 y/o boys can pause the game for 2 minutes."

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1747 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 4:37pm

X wrote on Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:50pm:
"I like being Lara Croft because I'm fricken hot and I add that to the game play so 14 y/o boys Spanky can pause the game for 2 minutes 15 seconds."

Fixed it!

-b0b
(...bahaha!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1748 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 7:06am

How many times have I told you b0b...Stop spying on me!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1749 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:40pm

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1750 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Oh...  my....  God...

-b0b
(...wishes he could punch people via TCP/IP.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Stick
Wootzor von Leetenhaxor
FTP Server

Stick is back

Michgan
Reply #1751 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 3:24pm

Briney   GeekCrew Administrator  Posts: 1337   Oct 15th, 2005

Stick N1ck The St1ck  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1752 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 3:41pm

Somewhere, I have a screenshot of my 1,337th post.

I remember those days of yore when I had a meager 1,337 posts.  It seems like an eternity ago!  Damn it feels good to be a post whore!

-b0b
(...notes that Spanky will surpass Briney in ten posts!)

PostCount.jpg (15 KB | )
PostCount.jpg

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1753 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 3:45pm

Really?

spankenator3710