GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1530 - Feb 19th, 2008 at 9:54pm

spanky wrote on Feb 19th, 2008 at 4:56pm:
Right now I have the best DVD player money ($40 specifically) can buy...and it rocks.

I bet mine is bigger.

-b0b
(...HDMI and 1080p upconvert, FTW!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1531 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 8:22am

Suuuuuure, mine is thin as all hell but so freaking long it almost doesn't fit in the TV stand...just like my...

I kid, it is also short!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1532 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Quote:
Police: Fake $100 Bills Had Lincoln's Image
Watermark Contained Abe Lincoln's Portrait

MESA, Ariz. -- A 37-year-old Mesa man who tried to buy a watch with two counterfeit $100 bills containing a watermark of Abraham Lincoln was arrested on forgery charges, police said.

Scott Martin fought with the owner of the store on Saturday after the shopkeeper confronted him about the counterfeit bills, a court document said.

The owner stunned Martin with a Taser, KPHO-TV in Phoenix reported.

When fire rescue personnel arrived, they cut off Martin's shirt to treat him, and three more counterfeit $100 bills fell out, the document said.

In addition, two more fake $100 bills and one counterfeit $20 bill were found under Martin's armpit, officers said.

An officer who examined the $100 bills found several of them had matching serial numbers besides Lincoln's image, which is found on $5 bills.

During the course of his treatment, Martin told authorities he had swallowed a bag of meth.

Detectives said they discovered Martin was out on bond for charges involving other counterfeit $100 bills in Apache Junction.

Wow, I think this guy wins the Internet.  How incredibly retarded do you have to be to try to pass off a $100 bill with Lincoln's face on it?

-b0b
(...dumbass!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1533 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 4:19pm

http://gizmodo.com/358648/leaked-riaa-training-video-for-prosecuters-find-pirate...

If you're a pirate you're also a drug dealer, a murderer, and a terrorist!

I can't believe RIAA can says this with a straight face.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1534 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Well it said the bills had the Lincoln watermark and not the picture.  So I can see while on drugs how this might have seemed like a good plan.

Beer gives me all types of good ideas!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1535 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 3:39pm

41 Hilarious Science Fair Exhibits:

http://www.photobasement.com/41-hilarious-science-fair-experiments/

Here are some of my favorites:

-b0b
(...remembers his science fair project.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1536 - Feb 21st, 2008 at 4:33pm

Do you still have the calculator bomb?

We only have pi seconds before it goes off!!!

Meth is wack, that's why I do crack.

HAHA, did you see the project named "Is bigger always better?"...the caption for it was "Ask your mother."

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1537 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 12:48pm

Nah, I dismantled the Bobulator (the original source of my PC's name) shortly after I built it because I needed the power supply for something.  It's a pity.  Speaking of old school...

Quote:
Netscape finally put to the sword
By Guy Dixon
23 February 2008 09:56AM

AOL has released its last ever update for Netscape Navigator and is encouraging its remaining users to switch to Flock or Firefox..

"Users will see the following major upgrade notice, released as Netscape 9.0.0.6," said Tom Drapeau, director of AOL's Netscape brand, in a company blog.

"When the Netscape 9.0.0.6 upgrade is accepted and run, the following notice will appear, denoting the end of support date and the recommendations of Flock and Firefox."

The pop-up offers users download links to a choice of the Flock or Mozilla's Firefox browser.

Netscape diehards will be able to stick with the browser by clicking 'Remind me later' and 'Stay with Netscape' buttons. But as of the end of February no further updates or security patches will be added.

Nearly 14 years after the once mighty browser made its first desktop appearance as Mosaic Netscape 0.9, its disappearance comes as little surprise.

Although Netscape accounted for more than 80 per cent of the browser market in 1995, the arrival of Microsoft's Internet Explorer in the same year brought stiff competition and surpassed Netscape within three years.

At the end of 2007, Drapeau announced that AOL would stop development of the browser and would end support on 1 February.

Drapeau gave Netscape a one-month reprieve at the end of last month citing the need for more time to finish migration tools.

Am I the only one that thought Netscape died years ago?

Holy crap, I remember using Netscape 3.0 on my Windows 95 machine.  It had a whopping 8MB of RAM and a 100MHz Pentium CPU.  Those were the good ol' days of Web magazine InfoSeek/Yahoo ruling the Interwebs.

-b0b
(...28.8 modems for the win!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1538 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 1:10pm

Netscape had one of the best email programs for quite some time...plus you didn't get an annoying guy bothering you that you had mail/spam.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1539 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 1:38pm

Ok time for angry eyes... Angry

I am looking to do a fairly large purchase for this summer.  Because of this I figured why not get a loan...sounds easy, right?  Well I go in last wednesday and tell them what I would like to do, eventually we come to an agreement and I submit the application.  Late thursday I get a call that I have been approved and because I was out with a customer I said I would be in monday to sign paperwork and get the check.

Now on to today.  I show up and everything is peachy.  We talk for about 20 mins and I go to sign and she asks where my co-signer is.  I told her that I had said multiple times wednesday and thursday when I called in that I would not have one and that I would be doing this on my own.  After a couple phone calls she informs me that I have now been denied for the loan. 

Without breaking anything or screaming I politely ask why.  She tells me that they don't think I would pay it back.  Now I ask for a smaller loan and plan on wiping out all my savings to cover said purchase.  They don't think I will pay back a $3k loan.  I asked them how a person with perfect credit and making good money couldn't pay that back.  Her answer was that it wasn't that I couldn't afford to pay it back, they figured I just wouldn't.

After that I talked with her manager who also said they assume anyone under the age of 25 will not pay any sort of loan back.  With that I told the national city people to lick my balls and emptied my checking and savings accounts.

Now I am sitting at work with way too much money on me and wondering what bank I should start a checking account with...

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1540 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 1:50pm

You could sue for age discrimination.  Ask for them in writing why you were turned down and see if you can't get some free money from them.  You could always do business with a more local bank.

I do think you got hosed though.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1541 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 2:02pm

Screw sueing them.  The voices in my head are telling me to start fires.

urge to kill growing...

On a side note, I spoke with fifth third and they already called me back saying yes without a co-signer.  Purchase is still a go!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1542 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 2:09pm

I didn't know those life-like sex dolls were so expensive.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1543 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 2:13pm

They get that way when you buy five at a time.

I gots my own orgy!

(...what do you mean have I ever been to an orgy?  I just got back from an orgy!)

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1544 - Feb 25th, 2008 at 3:05pm

Well, Real Dolls aren't all that expensive by themselves.  It's all the options Craig tacked on that jacked up the price.  Extra cleaning kit?  $250.  Dark Elf voice?  $1,250.  "It's a Girl" postcards, $50.  Wedding dress?  $2,500.

So when are you buying the car?  Do you have a specific one in mind?

On a serious note, National City really did screw you.  For what it's worth, I got the finger from CitiBank about a year ago when I applied for private student loans.  Without a cosigner, CitiBank wanted 16.25% interest.  Mind you, I have excellent credit with a lengthy credit history (including prior student loans) and had absolutely no debt.  They said I was "high risk" because I was 23.

I showed them my consistent salary history and provided documents that showed that I paid off my car two years ahead of schedule and my student loans four years ahead of schedule.  They refused to budge.

I told them I could finance my education on a credit card for a lower rate than what they were offering, and I invited them to blow me.  They declined.

-b0b
(...got 8.75% through Sallie Mae, which still sucks.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 152
Send Topic Print