FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1365 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 9:01am

Bah, you are useless!

Let me predict Bob's death...

When:  Next time I am in Three Rivers
Where: His apartment.
Cause: Being kicked in the junk 700 times.

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1366 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 9:41am

This might be the niftiest (and most overpriced) keyboard I've ever seen.

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

Every key has an OLED screen beneath it, allowing you to program pictures and different letters/symbols for each key.  This could be really useful for people that use the crappy WASD controls for PC games.

Personally, I'll stick with the directional buttons, thank you very much.

-b0b
(...never could get used to WASD.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1367 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 12:19pm

Even the richest man in the world would look at that and say that is a waste of money.

...I want 2!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1368 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 1:10pm

What's his face = Andrew Azzam

He holds the record for the most number of twinkies shoved in his mouth...I believe it was 5?  He even beat fat Wes on that challenge.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1369 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 1:23pm

Well, if there was one thing Shizza was good at, it was sticking large tubular object in his mouth.

-b0b
(...thinks Spanky would know.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1370 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 1:54pm

Quote:
(...thinks Spanky would know.)

Hmm, on one hand he said a large tubular object...what to come back with...

It's only gay if you receive, right?

Haha kidding, Bob's mom was the closest thing to a man I ever had sex with.

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1371 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 2:05pm

Quote:
Bob's mom was the closest thing to a man I ever had sex with.

But not from the failure of not trying!

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1372 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 2:39pm

Bah!  Damn you Pat!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1373 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 3:10pm

For the man that has everything for his home stereo system (and understands nothing about signal transmission):

https://www.virtualdynamics.ca/content.php?id=201&secondary_id=44

Be sure to read the testimonials.  Here is my favorite one:

Quote:
This cable is like the orgasm of an audio system.
Right out of the box I was impressed. This cable is like the orgasm of an audio system. There is so much detail to the depth, not just a pinpoint picture, but details you can feel. This cable is a whole system upgrade that for the first time lets all the DNA of your system to be heard. Go with the cable. I want to replace all my cables to the Genesis line....

-b0b
(...thought HDMI cables were expensive.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1374 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 3:28pm

Quote:
IRS: Tax fix delays refunds

By JESSE J. HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - More than 3 million people will have to wait until February to get their tax refunds because of Congress' late fix to the alternative minimum tax, the IRS said Thursday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Congress put a one-year freeze on growth of the alternative minimum tax last week, shielding many middle- and upper-middle income taxpayers from first exposure to the tax. But Congress' late action means the Internal Revenue Service won't be able to start processing five AMT-related forms until February, delaying potential refunds for those people until that month.

Between 3 million and 4 million people filed in January of last year using those forms, with many of those people expecting a refund, the IRS said.

The average refund in 2007 was $2,324, the agency said.

"We regret the inconvenience the delay will mean for million of early tax filers, especially those expecting a refund," acting IRS Commissioner Linda Stiff said.

As many as 13.5 million people will have to wait until February 11 to start filing with the five AMT-related forms, but the IRS said filing patterns show only between 3 million to 4 million of those people file during the early tax season anyhow.

The IRS was able to reprogram its computers to begin accepting the seven other AMT-related forms when the tax season opens in early January.

But the tax packages that will start arriving in the mail beginning after New Year's Day were printed in November, before the AMT fixes were approved by Congress. The IRS has created a special section on its Web site, http://www.irs.gov, with updated copies of AMT forms.

The alternative minimum tax was passed in 1969 and was aimed at about 155 very wealthy families who used deductions to avoid paying any federal income tax. The AMT disallows certain deductions and credits. It was not adjusted for inflation; as a result, over the years it has hit a growing number of middle-income taxpayers.

More than 4 million were subject to it in the 2006 tax year. Without the congressional fix, more than 20 million families would have been faced with an extra $2,000 tax hit on average.

The five forms affected by the delay are:

• Form 8863, Education Credits.

• Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits.

• Form 1040A's Schedule 2, Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers.

• Form 8396, Mortgage Interest Credit and

• Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit.

Any taxpayer using those forms will have to wait until February to file their taxes, the agency said. The IRS will begin processing those forms on February 14, and the first refunds for those people will start going out 10 to 14 days later.

More than 100 million people got refunds during the last tax season.

You - late by 10 seconds with sending your taxes in = jail time and heavy fines.
IRS - meh...we'll get to it...eventually.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1375 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 3:38pm

I like how this "only" affects 3-4 million people.  Since when did the word "only" apply to 4,000,000 people?

For what its worth, its the rich folks that will be affected by this, so they probably won't be terribly inconvenienced when they have to wait an extra two weeks for their refund.

If this problem is caused by a delay in issuing updated tax forms, it shouldn't even affect people who file online, right?

-b0b
(...doesn't understand what the problem is.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1376 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 3:47pm

Quote:
The Pope had his Index of Forbidden Books. Japan had its Thought Police against subversive or dangerous ideologies. And the United States Congress and President Bush have learned nothing from those examples.

Congress is perched to enact the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 20007 (Act)," probably the greatest assault on free speech and association in the United States since the 1938 creation of the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC). Sponsored by Rep. Jane Harman, California Democrat, the bill passed the House of Representatives on Oct. 23 by a 404-6 vote under a rule suspension that curtailed debate. To borrow from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, the First Amendment should not distract Congress from doing important business. The Senate companion bill (S. 1959), sponsored by Susan Collins, Maine Republican, has encountered little opposition. Especially in an election year, senators crave every opportunity to appear tough on terrorism. Few if any care about or understand either freedom of expression or the Thought Police dangers of S. 1959. Former President John Quincy Adams presciently lamented: "Democracy has no forefathers, it looks to no posterity, it is swallowed up in the present and thinks of nothing but itself."

Full article here.

Coolest thing I found in that article was that it no longer goes arrested -> trial -> jail time.  Now we have a simple arrested -> jail time policy.  Really takes that middle man out.

Quick everyone say you love the government or the secret police will get you!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1377 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 4:33pm

Bite my shinny metal @$$ Congress, Executive Branch, and everyone else I missed.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1378 - Dec 27th, 2007 at 5:08pm

I honestly can't think of anything constructive to say, so I won't say anything at all.

Actually, I will:  Congress, you can blow me.

-b0b
(...lied.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1379 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 2:47am

Quote:
U.N. joining forces with Spider-Man
Collaborative comic book aims to boost tarnished image
Image: 'Spider-Man 3'      
The U.N. is teaming up with Marvel Comics, creator of Spider-Man, to create a comic book. It will be set in a war-torn fictional country and feature superheroes working with U.N. agencies.

By Deborah Brewster
updated 4:22 p.m. ET, Thurs., Dec. 27, 2007

He has fought against foes ranging from the Green Goblin to Doctor Octopus, but Spider-Man now faces an even more formidable challenge: improving the battered image of the United Nations.

In a move reminiscent of storylines developed during the World War II, the U.N. is joining forces with Marvel Comics, creators of Spider-Man and the Incredible Hulk, to create a comic book showing the international body working with superheroes to solve bloody conflicts and rid the world of disease.

The comic, initially to be distributed free to 1 million U.S. schoolchildren, will be set in a war-torn fictional country and feature superheroes such as Spider-Man working with U.N. agencies such as Unicef and the “blue hats,” the U.N. peacekeepers.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

Camilla Schippa, chief of office at the U.N. Office for Partnerships, told the Financial Times the script was being written now and the final storyline was due to be approved in February. The cartoonists are working for free.

After publication in the U.S., the U.N. hopes to translate the comics into French and other languages and distribute them elsewhere, Schippa said.

The idea originally came from French film-maker, Romuald Sciora, who had been working on other U.N. projects and is making a DVD about the international organization that will be distributed to schoolchildren along with the comic books.

Although the U.N. did not come up with the initiative, the measure could help revive the body’s troubled image in the U.S., where relations have been strained, in particular during president Bush’s administration.

John Bolton, the former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., once said that “if the U.N. building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference.”

The latest U.N. initiative is not the first time U.S. comics have been used for political purposes. During World War II, superheroes were shown taking on Germany’s Nazi regime. Marvel’s Captain America, together with other characters such as Superman, were shown beating up Adolf Hitler.

Lol...really?

Good thing comic books are the work of fiction.

There's just so much to say and sooo many jokes here...I'm not even going to attempt it.

X
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007 at 1:44pm by X »  

agentx216  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 152
Send Topic Print