Send Topic Print
Random Stupidity (Read 436605 times)
spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1335 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 10:23am

I agree though, I would almost have chosen military school over some one destroying the game system.

...Oh the humanity!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1336 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 10:40am

Yeah, you've got a point there.  However, destroying sensitive electronics with a cattle prod is fun!

-b0b
(...especially radios!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1337 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 10:58am

Is it story time?

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1338 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 11:12am

Well, it's possible that I might have taken a cattleprod to an old radio at my grandfather's farm once, but it's purely hypothetical.

-b0b
(...points out that Mike did the same thing in an unrelated incident.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1339 - Dec 17th, 2007 at 12:01pm

This might be the coolest case mod of all time - portable SNES!

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/feature-engineer-builds-portable-...

-b0b
(...wants one.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1340 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 3:05pm

Quote:
www.thelocal.se/9398.html

Army castrates heraldic lion
Published: 13 Dec 07 12:34 CET
Online: http://www.thelocal.se/9398/

Protests from female soldiers have led to the Swedish military removing the penis of a heraldic lion depicted on the Nordic Battlegroup's coat of arms.

The armed forces agreed to emasculate the lion after a group of women from the rapid reaction force lodged a complaint to the European Court of Justice, Göteborgs-Posten reports.

But although the army was eventually happy to make the changes in the interests of gender equality, the artist who designed the insignia was less than pleased.

"A heraldic lion is a powerful and stately figure with its genitalia intact and I cannot approve an edited image," Vladimir A Sagerlund from the National Archives told Göteborgs-Posten.

Sagerlund blasted the army for making changes to the coat of arms without his permission.

"The army lacks knowledge about heraldry. Once upon a time coats of arms containing lions without genitalia were given to those who betrayed the Crown," said Sagerlund.

But the castrated lion has already won the day and is now worn on the arms of all soldiers in the battle group's Swedish battalions.

"We were given the task of making sure the willy disappeared," Christian Braunstein from the army's 'tradition commission' told Göteborgs-Posten.

"We were forced to cut the lion's willy off with the aid of a computer," he added.

The Nordic Battlegroup is one of eighteen such military groups in the European Union. Some 2,000 of its 2,400 soldiers come from Sweden, with the rest coming from Finland, Norway, Ireland and Estonia.

Paul O'Mahony (paul.omahony@thelocal.se/08 656 6513)

What's next for those crazy Swedes?  Pink fuzzy slippers instead of wooden shoes?

-b0b
(...cringes a bit.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1341 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 3:56pm

See!  I told you weeners are evil.  Would Lifetime lie?

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1342 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 4:26pm

What better way can you say "Merry Christmas" to your neighbors than by firing a snowball through their front window?

I present the pneumatic snowball cannon!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pneumatic-Snowball-Cannon/

-b0b
(...ponders building one.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1343 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 1:17pm

Quote:
OS X Beating Windows 10 to 1

Apple users can finally celebrate a victory over their PC brethren. Mac OS X is beating both Windows and Vista combined by a ratio of ten to one…in critical vulnerabilities found during 2007.

While Mac OS X had 234 highly critical vulnerabilities reported in 2007, Vista and XP combined had 23, Ou wrote. "This shows that Apple had more than five times the number of flaws per month than Windows XP and Vista in 2007, and most of these flaws are serious," wrote Ou. "Clearly this goes against conventional wisdom."

How much do you want to bet this never shows up on any of Apple's ads?  The full article can be found here.

-b0b
(...tis the season to be jolly!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1344 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 1:29pm

Haha, take that you joo!

On a side note, macs suck!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1345 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 1:32pm

I think we should mock all of the Macintrash users on the forum.

Let's see, that would consist of... Attebizzle, and occasionally Briney.

-b0b
(...can forgive Briney because he has a jigawatt of storage capacity.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1346 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 1:48pm

Quote:
(...can forgive Briney because he has a jigawatt of storage capacity.)

I can't.  I am reminded of the saying "what would Jesus do?"

...so I lit him on fire and sent him to hell.

Also, I went out to lunch to Skyline and this guygay sat in the booth next to us and ordered.  When their food came he goes(almost screaming) "Oh!  Does this chili come with meat in it?!"  Now after hearing this I wanted to bitchslap that guy so hard but the coworker I was with said "I wouldn't come here if it didn't have meat." 

Then I got told how I am going to hell for eating meat.  I wanted to say some to you buddy, but making fun of gay people is as easy as bob's mom.

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1347 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 2:32pm

Aww, he's a vegetarian!  How cute!

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

-b0b
(...filthy frickin' hippies.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1348 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 1:20pm

Quote:
Cloaking Device a Reality? Only if You're Very Small

Cloaking devices and technology have long been the fodder of science fiction, but researchers at the University of Maryland's James Clark School of Engineering have created a material that seems to fit the bill – at least in 2D. The device uses the properties of plasmons in its functionality.

Plasmons are electron waves which are generated when light strikes a metallic surface under controlled conditions. Plasmonics is a relatively new field though it promises to provide many beneficial scientific achievements.

The cloak itself is quite small, a mere 10 micrometers in width (PDF). The structure of the device is a simple thin layer of acrylic plastic with a pattern of concentric, two-dimensional rings atop a gold film. The ring pattern creates a negative refraction effect on visible light striking it, bending the plasmons around the object. While the light appears to have passed straight through the material, it has in fact gone around it.

Far from a usable cloaking system, the device only functions under specialized conditions and only in two dimensions. It is also not perfect invisibility as it only works on a limited range of the visual spectrum and suffers energy loss in the gold film. Three dimensional use of the material would be difficult because visible light would need to be controlled both magnetically and electronically.

Of a more practical purpose, the team has also used the unique properties of plasmons to develop a superlens microscopy technology which could augment existing conventional microscopes. The light bending techniques could allow a real view into nanoscale objects like DNA, viruses and proteins. The group believes they can still improve the superlens technology, bringing the resolution to an impressive 10 nanometers.

Plasmons could one day be employed in a variety of technology due to their unique properties. Since plasmons have very short wavelengths, they can be controlled with impressively small guide structures, much smaller than systems currently in use. As the waves are generated at optical frequencies, they could be used to carry impressive amounts of data in future computing systems.

Not surprisingly, the research has garnered attention from not only the scientific community, but government agencies and industries. One can only dream of the possible applications the military could have in mind for such a technology, less long advances that could be made on the optical computing frontier.

I have no idea what this means, but it sounds pretty darned cool.  Maybe I can install a bunch of these on my Gundam, along with that miniature nuclear reactor we were discussing yesterday?

-b0b
(...begins plotting his reign of terror.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1349 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 1:26pm

I just can't believe you brought a Gundam reference into the mix when you had a perfectly good joke like:

"Now all we need is a tachyon emitter and we can uncloak it."

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 ... 152
Send Topic Print