Random Stupidity (Read 436614 times)
X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Re: Random Stupidity
Reply #1050 - Jun 24th, 2007 at 11:17pm

Next to your Beta Max?  Ya know...right underneath your 8-track and to the left of your Victrola.

X

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. - Max Payne
agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1051 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 9:30am

X wrote on Jun 24th, 2007 at 1:27pm:
Briney: Guys!  The house is on fire!!!
Us:  Are you sure?!
Briney: What do you mean am I sure?!  Of course I'm sure!
Us: Ya?  Just like you were sure you'd finish BFE after we spent 6 hours of our lives watching that horrible movie?
Briney: ....well maybe the house isn't on fire....
Us:  Ya...we thought so

Bahahaha, classic!

-b0b
(...thinks a new legend has been born.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1052 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 11:33am

/bows

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1053 - Jun 25th, 2007 at 4:54pm

Alright, I definitely think this qualifies as "Random Stupidity."

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-POTATO-CHIP-SHAPED-LIKE-THE-EYE-OF-SAURON-LOTR-WEIRD_W0QQi...

Yes folks, that's right, if you order now you can own your very own "Eye of Sauron" shaped potato chip!

-b0b
(...bets it will be nothing more than greasy crumbs when it arrives.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1054 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 4:20pm

Quote:
2008 Republican Presidential Primary
National Poll: Thompson 27% Giuliani 23%
Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The biggest question in the race for the Republican Presidential nomination is whether or not former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson can sustain his warm-up act once he becomes an actual candidate. The actor once did what many politicians could never imagine by walking away from a career in the Senate. Now he is on the verge of doing what few politicians can even dream of by entering a race for the White House on top of the polls for his party’s nomination.

Thompson, preparing to formally announce his candidacy, leads the pack in the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey with 27% support. That gives him a four-point advantage over former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani who is currently preferred by 23% of Likely Primary Voters. A week ago, it was Thompson 28% and Giuliani 27%. Two weeks ago, they were tied at 24%. Prior to that time, Giuliani had been on top in every weekly Rasmussen Reports poll for five months

Thompson leads Giuliani by 13 percentage points among conservative primary voters while Giuliani leads among moderates.

Among Republicans, 74% now have a favorable opinion of Giuliani. That’s down from 82% in late May. Twenty-three percent (23%) of Republican voters have an unfavorable opinion of the former Mayor. Thompson’s numbers among the GOP faithful have been moving in the opposite direction. Sixty-six percent (66%) of GOP voters have a favorable opinion of the actor while just 18% have an unfavorable view.

Among those with more strongly held opinions, Thompson currently has an edge --21% of Republicans have a Very Favorable opinion of him while 14% have a Very Unfavorable opinion. For Giuliani, those numbers are 18% Very Favorable opinion and 19% Very Unfavorable.

Another new poll shows that both men are competitive in general election match-ups with the Democratic hopeful from Illinois, Senator Barack Obama. Obama is currently second in polling for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

This week’s GOP poll also finds former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney earning 12% support and Arizona Senator John McCain attracting 11%. Romney is viewed favorably by 56% of Republicans nationwide and McCain is viewed favorably by just 55% (40% have an unfavorable view of the former frontrunner).

On Monday, McCain strongly denied rumors that his recent plummet in the polls might cause him to drop out of the race. Over the past month, McCain lost a net ten points in a general election match-up with Senator Hillary Clinton. McCain’s decline among Republicans is tied to his support for an unpopular Senate immigration bill favored by just 22% of all voters.

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is atop the second tier safely behind the leading candidates at 3%. Six other candidates--Senator Sam Brownback, Congressman Ron Paul, Congressman Tom Tancredo, former Governor Tommy Thompson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, and former Governor Jim Gilmore—split 7% of the vote. Seventeen percent (17%) are not sure.

Rasmussen Reports releases updated polling data on the Republican nominating contest every Tuesday. Results for the Democrats are updated on Mondays. The current survey is based upon national telephone interviews with 587 Likely Republican Primary Voters conducted June 18-21, 2007. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. The Rasmussen Reports sample includes not only Republicans, but also independents who say they are likely to vote in a Republican Primary.

Rasmussen Reports continuously updates general election match-ups and other measures for all Republican and Democratic Presidential candidates. Also regularly updated are favorability ratings for Members of Congress, Other Political Figures, and Journalists along with public attitudes towards Congress, the War on Terror, and other topics.

Rasmussen Reports releases updated polling data on the Democrat Nomination Process every Monday and on the Republican contest every Tuesday. Results for the Generic Congressional Ballot are updated monthly.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdge™ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.

Rasmussen Reports’ Election 2006 coverage has been praised for its accuracy and reliability. Michael Barone, Senior Writer for U.S. News & World Report and co-author of The Almanac of American Politics, mentions, “One clear lesson from the Republican victory of 2004 and the Democratic victory of 2006 is that the best place to look for polls that are spot on is RasmussenReports.com." And University of Virginia Professor Larry Sabato states, “In election campaigns, I’ve learned to look for the Rasmussen results. In my experience, they are right on the money. There is no question Rasmussen produces some of the most accurate and reliable polls in the country today.”

Rasmussen Reports was also the nation's most accurate polling firm during the 2004 Presidential election and the only one to project both Bush and Kerry's vote total within half a percentage point of the actual outcome.

During both Election 2004 and Election 2006, RasmussenReports.com was the top-ranked public opinion research site on the web. We had twice as many visitors as our nearest competitor and nearly as many as all competitors combined.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

That's a 4% lead, gentlemen!  27% versus 23%!  Have you noticed that the mainstream media still acts as though he's non-existent?

-b0b
(...Thompson for President!)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1055 - Jun 26th, 2007 at 5:56pm

I still want the national media to put Ron Paul on their list...they have him at 1% because he's not allowed to be chosen in the polls.

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1056 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 11:05am

Quote:
Apple Juice Tantrum Causes Plane To Make Emergency Landing

POSTED: 5:59 pm EDT June 26, 2007
UPDATED: 10:38 am EDT June 27, 2007
Email This Story | Print This Story
A child's tantrum onboard a Delta commuter flight forced a pilot to make an emergency landing at Philadelphia International Airport.

Chopper 10 was over the scene.

The forced landing was caused by a fight over apple juice.

A 4-year-old wanted apple juice and when the stewardess didn't get it quick enough, the child threw a tantrum, NBC 10 reported.

The Delta commuter flight landed around 5 p.m. Tuesday.

The flight originated in New York and was headed to North Carolina before the incident.

Passengers were spending the night in Philadelphia, NBC 10 reported.

Authorities said there would be no charges filed in the incident

You can't tell me that a 4 y/o can make such a racket that they have to land the plane like he was some terrorist.  Also, where is this kid's parents?  If he's 4 he shouldn't be flying alone and if they are there....then they needed to pushed out one of the plane's exits.

On another subject...has anyone been hearing much about this "fairness doctrine" the Dems are trying to push?  I just heard Kerry talk about how they need it for AM radio.  I thought the govt wanted free trade and leave businesses alone.  That's why Air America tanked and Rush Limbaugh is the number 1 AM radio show.  It seems like the people who support the Dems don't want to hear them talk anymore than the rest of us.  But I was wondering if this was only for AM radio or what?

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1057 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 12:01pm

That child's parents should've beaten the ever-loving crap out of him/her.  Failing that, the other passengers should've beaten the parents senseless for not keeping their child in line, thereby causing all of them an unnecessary and unwanted diversion and an unwanted overnight stay in a foreign airport.

-b0b
(...points out that Air America sucked.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1058 - Jun 27th, 2007 at 4:05pm

http://www.bloggernews.net/18108

Umm...ya...ya see...the reason why women are sluts today are because woman have grown up without a male presence...so umm...this is the state destroying the family itself!

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1059 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:03am

Quote:
AUSCHWITZ HORROR CAMP IS RENAMED

Thursday June 28,2007
Have your say(0)

THE notorious Auschwitz concentration camp is to be renamed, after a campaign to make it clear that the death center was established and run by Germans, not by Poles.
The Polish government announced yesterday that UNESCO – the UN’s cultural arm – has accepted its request for a change of name.

Poland has asked that Auschwitz and the linked Birkenau camp should become the Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi German Concentration and Death Camp in the UN list of World Heritage sites.

Its Culture Minister Kazi mierz Ujazdowski said: "UNESCO has made a decision as a result of Poland’s request to change the name to reflect the historical truth. This is a victory for truth.”

Warsaw formally asked for a name change last year. Israel backed the plan after initial reservations.

Up to 1.5million people – Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the disabled, political prisoners and followers of faiths –were killed in the camp during the Second World War.

Poland has long fought against accusations by some Jewish and Western commentators that Poles were willing Nazi helpers.

http://express.co.uk/news/view/11533/Auschwitz+horror+camp+is+renamed

I don't know how it is in Europe, but over here I think it is established in most peoples' minds that the whole death camp thing was a German idea.  You just can't rename something like that.

I suppose it could be worse.  The Polish government could be selling naming rights to the prison in the same way football stadium names are auctioned off.  I can see it know, "Volkswagen Death Camp and Amusement Park."  By the way, I've decided to rename Tiananmen Square to Giant Orgy Fest 2008.  I hope that's okay with everyone.

I also heard the Japanese are planning on renaming Iwo Jima.  If memory serves, they're going to call it Iwo To, which was its original name.  The name "Iwo Jima" was supposedly misinterpreted by the US Navy.  The way I see it, too many Marines paid for that island and too much time has passed.  It should remain Iwo Jima.

-b0b
(...shrugs.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1060 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:19am

Quote:
The name "Iwo Jima" was supposedly misinterpreted by the US Navy.

Actually it was the commander of the JAPANESE army that misinterpreted their own language Iwo Toa (the name they are going to change it to) and Iwo Jima are represented by the same characters in Japanese.  As Colbert said, "Even Japan doesn't understand Japanese!"

X

agentx216  
IP Logged

b0b
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

The revolution will not
be televised.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reply #1061 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 11:45am

Yeah, well, I was close.  In my defense, I read the article ages ago.

-b0b
(...almost nailed it.)

WWW JamesRRogers2  
IP Logged

X
Post Whore
FTP Server

Truth Is Treason, In The
Empire Of Lies

Reply #1062 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 12:36pm

Quote:
...almost nailed it.)

Funny...that's what Spanky said about you

X
(wow that came out of no where)

agentx216  
IP Logged

spanky
Post Whore
FTP Server

Detroit-ish
Reply #1063 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 2:36pm

there is no almost with wes's mom!

spankenator3710  
IP Logged

MediaMaster
GeekCrew Administrator
FTP Server

Holy Xenu!

Detroit
Reply #1064 - Jun 28th, 2007 at 3:09pm

Thats surprising. With her bulk, it can be more of a hit-and-miss situation.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."&&&&John Adams&&
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 152
Send Topic Print